We are aware of the need to respect and protect the environment as well as the impact our activities have on it. We are committed to sustainability, to environmentally respectful tourism and to our social environment.
We feel our motto. Be Cordial!
At “Be Cordial” we are aware of the need to respect and protect the environment and we are committed to development and require in all members of our organization a responsible attitude to the natural environment. Proper management of environmental aspects, rational use of natural resources and open communication with our partners are considered essential elements of our performance.
Our continuous effort to reduce our environmental impact without compromising the comfort of our guests makes us environmentally sustainable.
Therefore it is important to ensure the social wellbeing of the local people, preserve the destination’s authenticity and its cultural heritage, values and traditions.
Another important aspect is to ensure a long-term economic balance that provides local people with stable jobs and opportunities.
For us it is a priority to positively influence the local community and contribute to the socio-economic development of our local environment. This honest and serious commitment with the destination and its people makes us socially sustainable.
We reduce energy consumption:
- we are heating water by using small portions of compressed vegetable material used as fuel replacing gas (at Cordial Mogán Playa, Cordial Mogán Valle and Cordial Biarritz)
- we use light switches with automatic turn-off in all of the rooms
- we use LED light bulbs
- we use renewable energy such as solar panels and solar blankets (at Cordial Mogán Playa and Cordial Green Golf)
- monitoring system and automated control for air conditioning and heat production of the complexes
- correct maintenance of all machinery with periodic revisions
- power controls by schedule
We reduce water consumption:
- we have installed flow reducers in taps and showers
- we repair immediately all cracks in the tap fittings
- irrigation adjusted according to the level of insolation
- predominance of native plants in our gardens
- regular controls of water consumption by zones
- we use water from natural wells for irrigation of plants (at Cordial Mogan Playa and Cordial Mogan and Valle)
We manage waste and pollution:
- we separate rubbish to recycle, recyclable packaging, glass, carton, etc.
- we buy products in large packages, avoiding small or individual packaging
- we are monitoring the noise we produce
- turning over dangerous waste to authorized processors
We think about the environment:
- we apply environmental criteria when buying
- priority to local products to reduce transport
- we reduce the consumption of toxic products
- improving the gardens helps to freshen the air by absorbing dust and germs
- we use biological means to fight pests in our gardens
- we reduce our CO2 emissions by using renewable energy
Environmental commitments and training:
- we have an environmental manager in all our hotels
- we are prepared to respond to environmental emergencies
- there have been 937 hours of training in various subjects during 2014
- we have been audited and certified by TRAVELIFE in sustainability management
We protect the history and customs of the Canaries:
- we have conditioned the archaeological site of “Las Crucecitas” in Puerto de Mogán
We are honestly committed to corporate social responsibility:
- our employees donate blood to the Red Cross
- the company, its employees and our guests (of Cordial Mogán Playa and Cordial Mogán Valle) make monetary contributions to UNICEF Foundation with the goals of raising funds and passing them on to the Protection of Children
- we are committed to social discrimination through collaboration with the Red Cross, whereby we provide employment to vulnerable groups
- our resounding no to the "all inclusive", so as not to harm restaurants, cafes and bars of the surrounding area
It helps tourism related companies to measure, improve and report its contribution to environmental protection, social development and economic stability of destinations and communities in which they are based. As a result of an independent audit of our procedures in response to the Travelife sustainability criteria we have been distinguished with:
Travelife Gold Award for Cordial Mogan Playa, Cordial Mogán Valle Cordial Green Golf